Wednesday, April 7, 2010

REAL Movie Trivia

This started as a comment to Chris's post from yesterday, but it got so long that I thought I'd make it a post.

I saw "How To Train Your Dragon" this weekend and it had one of the most unintentionally funny movie slides I've seen. It read:
"Liam Neeson was so excited to be in 'Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace' that he agreed to be in it before reading the script."
Funny enough on its own, right? We all know that was a bad movie. But the next sentence read:
"Liam is starring in 2010's 'Clash of the Titans'."
Which to me implies something about Liam Neeson's new script selection process.

It's also funny to me that for that Liam Neeson and Ralph Fiennes are working together again on "Clash of The Titans" for the first time since "Schindler's List." These movies are synonymous with "bad" and "good" movies.

RANDOM INTERROGATOR
Quick! Name a good movie!

ME (frantic)
Uh, I don't know, "Schindler's List"!

RANDOM INTERROGATOR
Quicker! Name a bad movie!

ME (frantic)
Gee, I don't--

RANDOM INTERROGATOR
Faster!

ME
"Clash of The Titans!"

RANDOM INTERROGATOR
Does life require pain so that we may enjoy pleasure?

ME
Why are you doing this to me?

RANDOM INTERROGATOR
Prove to me that you are real and not just a figment of my imagination!

ME
But Wednesday's aren't even my day to post on this blog!

2 comments:

GW said...

Maybe if I leave a comment here, Chris will see that I updated the blog.

Chris Othic said...

I will have to fashion a slide for Liam Neeson and "Release the Kraken!" It will definitely mention his penis.