Friday, June 26, 2009

I just don't get it

Ed McMahon died a couple days ago. Farrah Fawcett died yesterday morning, and apparently Michael Jackson's heart just couldn't take that news so it gave out shortly thereafter. First off - my condolences to any media buzz about Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett, because as soon Michael Jackson died your coverage was all but over. Just like the Mother Teresa and Princess Di scenario (which still upsets me to this day).

Second off - three big entertainment stars die, 2 well before their time. Michael Jackson's death alone is a world shaking scenario. Any way you slice it, the guy was a massive world renowned figure. So there is a lot of energy in the air all ready. My question; What kind of ridiculous dip shit fuck headed douche bag king (or queen) ass sniffing fart eater people feel it is necessary to start rumors that Jeff Goldblum and Harrison Ford have also died? I don't understand the point behind this kind of internet prank. It isn't funny on any level, and I don't say that because I don't think people should joke about death. I'm a pretty firm believer that anything can be funny if timed and delivered properly. But I don't see any point in starting a rumor like that, especially in the midst of all the real deaths that were happening. Plus, when you first heard Michael Jackson died, did you believe it immediately? I sure didn't, and neither did the 8 improv comedians I told right after we finished a sound check (I received the news mid sound check). For the first 5 minutes or so they thought I was doing a bit. So why start a bit/rumor about other people dying when the real people dying was hard enough to believe, especially the same day 1 2 punch of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson? Especially a rumor that is going to almost immediately get refuted. Are people really that starved for attention, or is there some other self serving purpose? I really don't have any answer. It really dumbfounds me. I am dumbfounded.

Dumbfounded.

On a different note - I have been watching Michael Jackson videos all morning, and it is kind of amazing how many situations he solved and fights he won via the power of dance. I sure hope Iran is watching.

No comments: