Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Love Photo Booths

Mary Liz and I attended the wedding of our friend and fellow book club member, Mamata Reddy, and her groom, Michael Herbst. The wedding was fun, a Christian/Hindu fusion, and we had a great time, even though it started at 10 a.m. and continued throughout the afternoon. We had to force ourselves to bed early on Saturday night, but knew it was worth it as we had the perfect excuse for a nice round of day-drinking on Sunday.

Mary Liz thought I needed to dress appropriately for a day wedding, so last month a new suit was purchased (the Jos. A. Bank Executive 2-Button Poplin Suit - Tan). I must admit I looked great, and stood out among the crowd of James Bond wannabes in their dark colored suits.

I will say wearing a light colored suit and hat to a day wedding seems very southern, and I couldn't resist talking like Foghorn Leghorn at every opportunity: "I say, I say, my drink is empty and this will not stand."

Most people thought I was doing an Al Pacino impression, but I think that's more on him than it is on me.

Anyway, they had a photo booth at the wedding, which is always a good time, and Mary Liz and I got our picture taken with our friend Elizabeth, who looked rather Amazonian in her hooker heels and a blue dress. We had to make up some poses for the booth, which we of course practiced before we went in. You can see them to the right, along with the new suit, although it looked much better in the color of the afternoon sun and with a whiskey sour in my hand. I'm the one in the middle talking like Foghorn Leghorn throughout the picture taking. "I must say, ladies, there is only room for two hens and one rooster in this booth."

1 comment:

The Flaky Pastry said...

OMG, I had no idea you had this post on here after our big shindig. So funny! I'm so glad you guys had a good time, and I have to say, all three of you were some of the best-dressed there, Foghorn Leghorn look and all!