Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love at Comic Con



I went to my first ever Comic Con this weekend and it was amazing. It's all the fun of Halloween without the pressure of having sex at the end of the night. But who says you can't find love at Comic Con? I almost did.

In addition to sci-fi celebrities (like the "Final Five" cylons from Battlestar Galacatica and Rod Blagojevich) you can also meet and greet your favorite '80's wrestlers. Like my future husband, the Iron Sheik.

My friends wanted to get a picture with his highness the Iron Sheik, but a photo cost $20. So they cleverly decided to take a picture in front of him... but go figure the Iron Sheik's bodyguard shut it down faster than you can say "Boston Crab hold." But as the bodyguard is laying down the law, the Iron Sheik raises his eyebrows at me and gives me the thumbs up. I awkwardly smile back at him and continue to walk by. Then I hear "You're beautiful, baby!" and as I turn, I see the Iron Sheik giving me the thumbs up AGAIN. Two thumbs up, back to back?

Somebody pinch me. Am I in some Hollywood story? Is he the Aragorn (son of Arathorn) to my Arwen? Peter Parker to my Mary Jane? Han Solo to my Chewbacca?

Alas, I was so overcome with arousal that all I could do was smile and keep walking. But even though I walked away from the Iron Sheik that day, he forever put a choke hold on my heart. I don't think it's that crazy. Imagine me and the Iron Sheik re-flooring our master bedroom, riding the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier, and delivering meals-on-wheels to homeless veterans. Honestly, I could see it working out.

Here are a few things me and Iron Sheik would probably talk about:
  • Pizza toppings
  • How do handicapped people navigate snowy cities in the winter?
  • The TV show "Hey Dude"
  • If we had to choose animals to respresent our personalities, what would they be
  • Country music celebrity gossip
  • That video where the dancing woman changes her dresses like 10 times
  • Types of apples we like (and ones we DON'T like!)
  • Roller derby
I hope our paths meet again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oddly, it seems the Iron Sheik's love has melted you into a softy and less of a vicious murderer.